Wealth Management is based on 3 components: Investment Consulting, Advanced Planning and Relationship Management.
This incorporates asset allocation and construction of investment portfolios and we believe that you expect your adviser to be competent in the basics of investment management. We believe in the following:
- Portfolios should provide clients with control, transparency and cost effectiveness
- Frequent trading of portfolios often comes at a cost to long term performance.
- Alphington believes the greatest uplift in investment performance comes from buying good quality assets counter cyclically rather than following the latest hot trend.
- We believe that an objective voice is very important to preserving our clients wealth.
- Tax effective investing starts with a solid investment and then builds the tax effectiveness around it – not the other way around.
- Debt should only be used to levels where you, and not the lender, remain in control
- Comprehensive consolidated reporting.
- Transparent fee structures.
Ensures your financial house is in order so that you can achieve your dreams and includes:
- wealth enhancement which aims to produce the best possible investment returns consistent with your risk tolerance while minimising tax impacts
- wealth transfer to efficiently transfer wealth to successive generations
- wealth protection through either eliminating risk entirely or transferring it to insurance companies and
- charitable planning which engages your philanthropic interests
This consists of:
- client relationship management – meaning forging in-depth collaborative and consultative client relationships
- expert network relationship management – we recognise that high quality advisers can not be experts in everything so this involves bringing in a network of experts so we can bring the exact expertise that you need (including lawyers, insurance experts etc) as well as working with professional advisers such as your accountant and of any other professional advisers that you have in place.
Mostly though we see ourselves as becoming your personal chief financial officer, someone who can help you think through your challenges while working with you collaboratively to determine and implement optimal solutions.